Education training and employment
ICADS’ Recovery Service, delivered by SHP, provides a variety of support options for gaining access into education, training, volunteering and employment. Located at various sites across Camden, ICADs staff are available for 121 guidance, as well as signposting into a range of skills and employment programmes.
These programmes offer everything from Confidence and Self-esteem workshops, to in-house and external volunteering and work placement opportunities. There is also the opportunity to gain a variety of accredited qualifications to boost that CV and explore the next career move.
Services are delivered in a number of ways:
The service keeps casework flexible – using community locations where appropriate and being assertive when required. In addition to the core service, we offer a wide range of SHP activities. This includes:
- Direct routes into employment and training opportunities with local and national employers
- Regular workshops delivered by different industry employers
- Access to specialist support with self-employment and small business set-up
- Basic skills courses, including IT training
- Volunteering opportunities
- Participation in SHP’s social enterprise and arts-based festival
- Two community arts programmes
- Building industry training schemes
ICADS also recruits volunteers from the community who are looking for work experience or want to give something back. All our volunteers receive training and are supported to deliver their roles, which include administration, recovery work, legal and housing advice, complementary therapies and any other support service which will benefit our service users.