Drug counselling and groups
ICADS offers a range of drug treatment groups and 1 to 1 sessions. We tailor all our interventions to meet the needs of individuals and work collaboratively with our service users to develop treatment plans which will support them to achieve their goals.
Following a comprehensive assessment, service users will be allocated a Recovery Coordinator who will support them to access appropriate treatment based on their needs and choices.
Our interventions are aimed at reducing the harms associated with drug use as well as addressing underlying issues and unhelpful patterns of thinking and behaviour. These include:
- Groups and pods (small groups) tailored for individuals at similar stages or with similar goals
- One-to-one key work and counselling
- Psychology (evidence-based psychological therapies as recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
- Regular workshops and presentations
- Relapse prevention groups and counselling sessions
- Substance specific group and pod sessions
- Stimulant group work
- New Psychoactive Substance interventions.
- LGBT groups
- Detox and Abstinence groups and pods
- Mutual Aid groups (NA, SMART Recovery)
ICADS will work with individuals at all stages of their drug use, whether they are seeking initial advice and information, want to stabilise their use or are seeking abstinence.
Our interventions are person-centered and will take into account the diverse needs of our individual service users.